The legendary valley of the great king is one of the most beautilful places of La Gomera.
You can observe a terraced landscape, numerous palm trees, many tropical fruit trees, banana plantations and colourful gardens.
The main attraction of the municipality is certainly its choice of beaches, the best in the island, with fine black sand and pure blue waters.
Among others, we must mention:
- The Playa de las Vueltas, located near the port;
- The Charco del Conde, a small natural bay where the children can enjoy bathing which is being declared a site of scientific interest due to its enormous variety of sea species ;
- La Playa and La Puntilla, located in the west zone and of a significant extension, or the Playa del Inglés, perhaps one of the most striking corners of the island, where the black sand and the bravery of the waters together with of the cliffs of La Merica make a natural setting not found in any other place of the Canary Islands.
- The sea beds off the coast are a unique experience for divers.
- Temperatures vary between 22° and 25° degrees in winter and between 25° and 30° in summer, so you can have a bath all year round. At night, you can enjoy spectacular sunsets to the beat of drums, cosy restaurants and bars.
- The lodging infrastructure is quite complete, with a good choice of apartments and hostels, as well as the leisure infrastructure with plenty of activities to do on your free time.
We must highlight the boat trips departing from the port of Vueltas to Los Organos, in the neighboring municipality of Vallehermoso. These cliffs are a true wonder of the action of erosion on the limestone. You can also participate in other different activities such as organized walking activities, dancing, and much more!